Eggplants are still hanging on to their season and I know a lot of us have been trying to figure out what in the world to do with them. Well, can I tell ya … they make a great spaghetti sauce thickener! I emptied out several spots in my fridge and made a hearty, thick sauce along with ground turkey and spaghetti squash. My family ate monstrous portions, even my 5-year-old. That’s a win!
Eggplant Tomato Sauce
- 6-8 medium-large tomatoes, peeled and diced
- 8-10 cloves of garlic
- 2-3 red or yellow peppers
- 1 large eggplant, peeled and diced
- 1 head of kale
- ½ cup white wine
- 1-2 tbsp oregano and basil, fresh if you have it, but dried is fine, too
- ½-1 tbsp garlic and onion powders
- salt and pepper to taste to taste.
- ¼-1/3 cup Parmesan cheese.
Simmer on medium-low until all veggies are soft, then puree everything in a food processor. Voilà!